Overnight Newborn Care
What is a Night Nurse - Baby Nurse - Newborn Care Specialist?
"Night nurse", "baby nurse" or "newborn care specialist" are common terms to describe a newborn care provider. A newborn care provider is an expert in newborn care, a great support system and a wonderful resource when you have a new baby. These providers, are qualified, experienced professionals who will typically work at night, taking over the baby's care while the parents get some much-needed rest. Keep in mind, that the credentials and experience of a newborn care provider will vary.
The main difference between "night nurse", "baby nurse" or "newborn care specialist" is in the background of the providers. Overnight newborn care providers will come from different backgrounds. The term "baby nurse" and "night nurse" is not necessarily referring to a Registered Nurse. It is common on the internet to find it describing a newborn care specialist who is a professional with experience with babies, without nursing credentials.
At Babies RN, we count with experienced Registered Nurses (official night nurses and baby nurses) and experienced Newborn Care Specialists.
Do I need a Registered Nurse or a Newborn Care Specialist?
The duties of our Babies RN overnight newborn care providers are the same. Our Registered Nurses and Newborn Care Specialists support parents taking care of their babies during the night.
Some families prefer to have a Registered Nurse with experience in the hospital in units like the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) and Pediatrics and some families don't need a Registered Nurse and are ok with a Newborn Care Specialist.
Why should I have a Night Nurse- Baby Nurse - Newborn Care Specialist?
- The reasons for hiring a night nurse, baby nurse or newborn Care Specialist are well proven and invaluable.
- Avoid sleep deprivation
- Peace of mind when you have a night nurse that you can rely and trust.
- Due to size of their stomachs newborns have to wake up to eat often during the night. Nobody can function 24 hours without sleep, therefore overnight newborn support is crucial.
- New parents get to be 100 % with their babies during the day, without being exhausted.
- The night nurse also offers valuable advice when it comes to newborn care, feeding routines, breastfeeding tips, and general reassurance on matters relating to the baby.
- Exhaustion takes a serious toll on parents. It can increase the risk of postpartum depression and stress.
- Knowing that your baby is under the care of the most trusted baby nurses professionals, allows you to get a good night's sleep and wake up fresh and well rested the next day! Parents who have had a night nurse, say it has allowed them to enjoy every moment as a new parent.
Why should I hire a night nurse - Baby Nurse - Newborn Care Specialist from Babies RN?
- When you hire a baby nurse from Babies RN, you will count with an experienced newborn care provider. You can have the experience of a Registered Nurse or a Newborn Care Specialist.
In order to become part of Babies RN, our providers go through a serious and extensive and strict hiring process.
Our Night Nurses - Baby Nurses - Newborn Care Specialists:
• LOVE babies and are passionate about supporting new parents.
• Are experts in newborn care.
• Are CPR Certified.
• Attend to your baby’s needs during the night.
• Have previous employment verified.
• Have professional and personal references verified.• Have passed a National & 7-Year County background check.
- NO Contracts! Our service is meant to support the parents for as long as they need us. We keep open communication with our families to make sure we offer all the support needed. Most of the times parents have a hard time graduating.
- The safety of our babies, families and Babies RN providers is of utmost importance and we take all the precautions necessary to ensure the best and safest care. Our providers stay home at ANY sign of illness.
- When you hire a Registered Nurse from Babies RN is like hiring one of the Nurses from the hospital. One Registered Nurse just for your family. We bring our experience from the hospital to your home. We provide you peace of mind, so you can rest peacefully knowing that your baby is taken care only by the best professionals.
- We are not only experts with babies, but we all hold an active Registered Nurse license. We have years of experience caring for babies in the hospital setting in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or Pediatrics Units.
- Newborn Care Specialists also called baby nurses (without nursing credentials) are experts with babies who will take care of your baby overnight.
Our baby nurse services are great for:
- Anyone who would like to rest during the night and not feel exhausted during the day.
- New parents. For first time services are invaluable.
- Parents with more children. when parents have a second baby making sure they spend quality time with their oldest kid is a must. Having a night nurse allows parents to get extra time for bedtime and breakfast with their other kids.
- Parents living away from their families and close friends.
- Mothers recovering from a delivery or a C-section. When moms go through a C-section extra support is a must.
- Single parents or households with no parental leave.
- Parents with multiples (twins-triplets). For parents-to-be of multiples help is essential. We love supporting them and educating them through life with more than one newborn.
- Parents who don't want to be sleep deprived during the newborn stage.
How will my night nurse - baby nurse - newborn care specialist support me?
- The baby nurse will come in at night to take care of your baby overnight.
- The baby nurse will take over the baby duties so you can sleep and get the rest that you need.
- Typically, our families will have a baby nurse from 9pm - 7am or 8pm-7am. We do our best to accommodate to the family's request.
- The baby nurse will stay with the baby in either the nursery, or the living room.
- The baby nurse will attend to your babies needs through the night. That includes feeding, burping, holding, changing and comforting your baby.
- The baby nurse will log the baby’s activity on our shared app and she will share with you nightly routines including feeding, sleep and behavior patterns.
How will I know what my baby did through the night?
Besides getting a verbal report from your baby nurse in the morning, we use a comprehensive and user-friendly app to communicate with the parents. Parents will be able to see a detailed log of the baby’s activities including all feedings, diaper changes, etc., that happened during the night.
What hours will my baby nurse work?
The baby nurse will come in at night for 8 to 12 hours. Typically, our families will have a baby nurse from:
- 8:30 pm - 6:30 am
In that case we do 12 hour shifts like :
Do you offer baby nurse services during the day?
Yes, we do! We require a minimum of 8 hours and per day shift and the hours are arranged according to your needs.
Where will the baby nurse stay?
We ask our families to please provide the night nurse with a comfortable space to stay close to the baby. Some families provide a a bed or a very comfortable chair or rocking chair. Some families have the night nurse stay in the nursery with the baby and others have the night nurse stay in the living room with the baby.
How long should I have a baby nurse for?
Every family is different. Help is crucial during the first three months and parents start weaning according to their needs. Other families have kept a baby nurse every night for the first 6 months. The best thing to do is contact us so we can discuss your individual needs. We will support you as long as you need us. There is no minimum or maximum of nights to utilize our baby nurse services. If you need us, we will do anything possible to accommodate to your needs.